Thank you for visiting. Further Society is an accounting, bookkeeping, budgeting, and financial analysis firm located in Los Angeles, CA, though we serve clients across the United States.
We support the growth of Healthy Consumer Food Products by filling the accounting and finance roles so companies can focus instead on executing the more important corporate vision.
We believe in this manner, important society-furthering health food companies are more likely to succeed, which is very important to us or we would not be serving this industry. There are many millions to reach with better products, and there is only so much time for each of us on this planet. Let’s make the most of it!
We generally serve smaller companies between 2-20 individuals. We define healthy consumer food products as products that contain beneficial nutrients with:
- NO Sugars. Organic dates, coconut nectar and raw honey are ok. Stevia is great since it is not even a sugar, but an herb. Agave, sugar, and brown sugar are NOT ok.
- NO Processed Ingredients that look like chemicals (one or two exceptions)
- Limited ingredients overall
- NO Gluten (Wheat, Barley, Rye, and some Oats)
- No Monosodium Glutamate (MSG)
- NO “Natural Flavors” for now. We are not sure if products containing “Natural Flavors” fit our mission since that is an all-encompassing ingredient used in place of the actual ingredient(s). We are open to signing an NDA to discuss ingredients further.
- Bookkeeping: Tracking revenue and expenses, balance sheet accounts, etc.
- Financial Reporting: Balance Sheet, Income Statement, Cash Flow Statement
- Tax Accounting, performed by a licensed Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Activity-Based and Full Cost Accounting – This means analyzing product gross and net margins on an individual basis with all company costs considered.
- Variance Analyses: Did budget match performance? Why or why not? Is the variance favorable or unfavorable? How can the process improve in the most practical and profitable manner? This can be an extensive line-by-line analysis that can lead to dramatic improvements in profitability. Everyone knows some of the issues, but quantifying them and working through them is a magical process.
- Accounts Payable: Scheduling check and electronic payment disbursement
- Accounts Receivable: Invoicing and Collections
- Data Analysis and Overall Financial Business Management
- Investor introductions, Angel List (Angel.co) and Gust (gust.com) assistance. We rarely encourage investment immediately…investment brings its own set of distractions, but for the right company in the right situation, there is merit, and we can walk you through potential scenarios.
All of our services are performed using online shared tools so your information is always available to you: Quicken or Quickbooks for smaller companies. We may also choose to use Tableau, Oracle Hyperion, or SAP tools as you grow. These are reputable companies with impeccable security measures for keeping data safe. All of these tools can be very powerful in helping a company make business decisions.
We will be proud to serve you and the growing healthy consumer food product industry.
Please contact us below. We are looking forward to hearing from you.